Hey, friends! We are finally settling in. Since school let out I feel like it's been a constant whirlwind of events, parties, work, trips, and sun. I'm not even mad about it. I love the rush of summer. I really do. While I'm really looking forward to some slower days, this summer has already been one of my favorites. So here we go, all the way back to Easter... (gasp!)
Easter
Easter seems like an eternity ago, and yet here I am trying to rack my brain to come up with all of the things that went on months ago. I suppose that's a natural result of procrastinating.
Do you remember when it snowed on Easter weekend? We bundled up the kids for one Easter egg hunt and moved the other one inside. Next year will probably be 98 degrees and we'll all get sunburnt. It's so weird to be posting photos of winter coats and ice storms, while just last week I looked out and saw the kids running around in the thickest humidity of the year, sweating from head to toe.
Easter with James' family looked like making homemade nitro ice cream! This is where I shamelessly admit that I don't "love" ice cream. I'm cold 92% of the time and ice cream only add to the goosebumps. But, this nitro ice cream was pretty good. I stole a few more bites from James than usual.
Bathroom
You might remember that we remodeled a bathroom this winter... I mean spring... It went just as any other remodel goes - takes way more time and money than you anticipated.
Before shots:
During/After:
The project has officially been wrapped up, minus some linen storage that we're hoping to put in by the door. James, once again, conquered this room like a champ. He had someone come over to help him replace the window, but other than that, he did this room singlehandedly. I painted and lent him a hand when needed, but that was child's play in comparison to what he did.
The room turned out better than I could have imagined. I'm especially loving the new water heater that never runs out of hot water and the heat lamp above the shower. I've been saying that it's my favorite room in the house, but I say that about too many rooms...
You might notice the floor tile.. It looks fairly gray, right? Well, I wasn't finding what I wanted in-store, so I looked online. I found this gray textured tile that I loved so I ordered it. When it arrived, I opened the box and was certain they had sent the wrong tile. It was ivory or beige or something weird. I always hit a certain point in each remodel when I stop caring. I become extremely content and whatever is going to get it done the fastest and easiest, that becomes my vote. I had reached this point in the bathroom project, so I just rolled with it. The tile was fine and I didn't care enough to return it and find something else. So we laid the tile. Then I took a photo of the tile and I was shocked. The photo showed a gray tile! Every picture I take looks just like the tile I ordered, but when you see it in real life, it's much more ivory. I now refer to it as the magic tile.
I'm in the season of all my friends having weddings and babies. This spring we were able to have a delayed celebration for Zeke Huenefeld and had a baby shower and friend supper for Baby Ross (now known as Avett!). These girls night traditions are some of the absolute best things we do.
Trevin's 6th Birthday!
April 14th brought another birthday for our firstborn. When I asked him what he wanted to take to school for his birthday treat, he said, "Mario cookies!" There was no way in the world that I was going to be capable of producing anything close to resembling Mario, so I called my girl, Eileen. She took care of the rest.


Trev's birthday landed on a Saturday and the plan was to take the kids bowling to celebrate, but we ended up with a surprise blizzard instead. We woke up to a power outage and made a quick change of plans. "Camping Birthday" was officially in the works. We started a fire, roasted hotdogs over it for lunch, played games, Legos, and puzzles by flashlight and cooked chicken noodle soup over the wood-burning stove. And we stayed in our pajamas all day.


Trevin was a good sport and went along with the last-minute changes. Besides, he had new Legos and tools to keep him occupied.

I'm starting to think Mario should lay off the cookies... He's looking a little round.
The next day, we celebrated a little more at my parents house after church and then headed to Grand Island to get in that round of bowling. I don't think he'll forget this blizzardy, Mario, camping-themed 6th birthday.
Thermal Edge Ag LLC
James was hard at work early this spring to finish up two flamers before his farming season began. After a lot of interest, we ended up moving the first official TEA LLC 16-row orange burner. James asked me what I thought of orange for his signature color; let's just say I had an opinion about it. He didn't like my opinion, so he asked a bunch of other people who told him to go for it. So orange it is! I have to admit it turned out pretty sharp, but I do give him a hard time about his Halloween machine.
Like I mentioned earlier, these machines generated a lot of interest. James also built a 12-row anticipating a sale from one of the many potential buyers. We had several farmers back out at the last minute, ones that were seemingly guaranteed sales, and only one committed to renting the 12-row to see how it performed. James and I road tripped to a small town in Kansas to do a day of demo for the farmer. We left the machine with hopes of it selling itself and not having to return for it. A second farmer contacted us shortly after, hoping to try out a machine and picked it up from Kansas. Fast forward to a couple weeks ago, we got the machine back home. A third farmer called and asked for a new machine immediately. He has a different row configuration than most farmers, so a new flamer had to be assembled, mostly from scratch. James worked his tail off to get it ready in time and the farmer picked it up last Saturday. He's running it as I type. In the midst of this craziness, we received the rent check from the first farmer, who called us just a couple days later and he decided he wanted to purchase the machine instead of renting.
There were moments this spring when it felt like our business was hitting wall after wall. We thanked God when we got the text saying, "I'll take it" but trusted Him with it all when they decided to back out on the sale in the very next phone call. We're looking ahead and planning to have a demo machine to take to a Illinois farm show in September. Like before, there's several guys that have shown interest in the product and we know first-hand that it speaks for itself. We have no website, no social media, no business email. We are a word-of-mouth business and so far that's worked out well for us. Our greatest strength is that it's built by farmers for farmers.
In case I haven't said it enough, I'm so proud of this guy. His mind is brilliant and I can't fathom the intricacy by which he was created. I mean, for real, I handle the zip ties on the machine and that's about as far as I can hang.
Also a HUGE shoutout to all of the people that have pitched in and helped this business succeed. To the guys who have helped assemble, build hoods, bars, shields... you are what make America great. We owe you like a thousand meals.
Track Meet
Everyone knows that Trevin hated PE, right? Ok, well something weird happened when they started to practice for their end-of-the-year track meet. Suddenly, he really like PE. He loved having "track practice" and his attitude quickly turned around. For weeks, he was so excited for his track meet. He told me he had decided to do the tire throw, 50m dash, and the block relay. I was so confused/amazed/impressed/shocked that they'd have kindergarteners doing a tire throw! Turns out, they were throwing a ball through a tire, not actually throwing a tire... Made more sense I suppose.
His form was no joke. He took this gig seriously. He was so focused. He had so much fun that he decided he wanted to enter the Sutton Elementary open track meet the next week. He came home with a couple ribbons and loved showing them off.
School Fishing Trip:
The last Friday of school, Hampton Lutheran takes all of the students and families fishing at a local pond. We caught a few, but Trevin was too busy running around with his friends to hold a pole for more than three minutes.
I think I've said this a million times, but I love the relationships that are built across grades at HLS. I love that he knows every kid at school and they know him.
There's been several school mamas that have helped me embrace this new season of motherhood. It's been fun that Trevin isn't the only one making friends along the way.
Kittens
We don't do the pet-thing. For a while, James wanted a dog, but then realized he was ok with us not having one at our house. We never considered pets again... until Trevin started asking. We told him he could keep the caterpillar he found; that bought us two days. Then we told him he could keep the toads he found, but they had to stay outside. That lasted a week. His cousins got him a couple fish for his birthday one year. That was more of a pet than I was ready for, but they lasted a couple months. I had made it clear, long ago, that if we ever got a pet, it would be a cat. So this winter, James and I started throwing around this idea. Mostly because the kids' birthdays were coming up and we knew that kittens would create hours of entertainment outside for the kids this summer. In May, we contacted some friends who have had farm cats for years to see if they had any kittens. They had some that were ready and told us to come pick them up whenever.
Trevin and Myla had no idea they were getting kittens until we were on our way to pick them up. We let them pick out the ones they wanted and we brought home two tiny male kittens.
The kids couldn't stop giggling when we got home. They played with them for hours that first day. We named them Creek (light) and Briar (dark). After we named them, people kept asking if loved the Trolls movie. I was so confused why we kept getting this questions, until someone explained that one of the characters is named Creek (and there's also a Branch). We had no idea; we still haven't seen the movie, but feel like we need to now. So no, we didn't purposefully name them after the movie.
Creek is really adventurous and brave, always the first one to try anything, and licking everything in sight. Briar is a little more reserved, but tends to be a little bit sassy. We've set up our back shed for them to use and the kids are in charge of feeding them every morning. But their favorite place to nap is on the boat in the garage. They've grown so much and have changed tremendously since those first weeks. Most of the time they're fun to have around, but I'm so over them pooping in my flowerbeds.
Myla loves to carry Briar around just like she did when he was tiny, but now he's, you know, not so tiny. He gets super annoyed, but seems to be patient with her and hasn't retaliated much yet. She just loves him so much, she can't help herself.
Last Day of Kindergarten!
Somehow our firstborn finished his Kindergarten year! I'm going to save you the blubbering mess of me trying to express my confusion and emotion about my feelings, and just say how proud I am of him. He walked into school on the first day, not knowing anyone, but he made friends, learned a ton, and came out on the other side a kinder, more remarkable kid. A kid that doesn't usually wear socks and sandals together, like above.
Side-by-side comparison of the first and last days of Kindergarten.
Closing Chapel on the last day of school gave me all the feels.
Kindergarten Graduation & Musical
HLS celebrates Kindergarten graduation at their musical on the last day of school. Trevin stood proud when he received his diploma and couldn't stop playing with his tassel.
But then it was time to put on his cowboy hat and help perform the musical, Jonah's Druthers. Trevin had been quoting and singing lines from the musical for weeks and we were excited to actually hear the punch lines in context.
The musical might have been the most adorable thing I've ever seen. The students did amazing and the lines and songs were all well rehearsed. It was quite the show! Every kid had a part and Trevin's big solo came when he carried the scene-change sign across the stage. He rocked it.
The Kindergarten Class of 2018!
Trevin had lots of family come to cheer him on, including Grandpa and Mimi who we didn't get a picture with!
So proud of this curly-haired, six-year-old, Kindergarten graduate!
Myla's 2nd Birthday!
And just like that, May 16th came and our baby girl turned two! Myla's birthday fell on Trevin's last day of school, Kindergarten graduation, and the school musical. So, we didn't get to celebrate much that day, but we invited everyone to join us on the following Saturday to love on this sweet girl.
Since we had just been to Disney World, I took the easy route and threw her a Minnie Mouse birthday party because she loves Minnie. A few weeks before the party, I asked Ashton if she'd be able to make a Minnie cake to match a picture I'd found on Pinterest. I totally downplayed it and said, "If it's too hard, or you don't have time, or you don't want to, it's really ok! And you don't have to make the bow and ears, I can figure something out." She laughed and said she could do it no problem. I knew she'd deliver, but I had no idea how amazing it would turn out. PEOPLE - SHE MADE THAT BOW OUT OF OF FONDANT. Do you see it? It's incredible. She's amazing. Myla loved it and no one could stop talking about how great it turned out. (Btw, did I mention she's opening a bakery in Aurora next summer??? I can't even wait to show you all the incredible things she's going to do.)
Anyway, I was so ready to do a super simple party, order pizza, put out a bag of chips... But James suddenly went all host-crazy on me and started throwing out big ideas like having a brunch birthday complete with aebleskivers and parfaits... The hardcore hostess in me went all in and gave our little lady the greatest brunch birthday party ever. James even made her a special Minnie aebleskiver. If only I could have convinced him to make them all that way.
Myla was pumped about the presents thing. She opened her first present and stood up and danced for a solid 30 seconds of excitement. Then she hopped on her new stick horse and went galloping around the room. Needless to say, she was excited.
We ended up having aebleskivers, sausage egg and cheese breakfast sandwiches, fruit, yogurt parfaits and the most adorable Minnie cake.
Uncle Ryan and Aunt Kristin got Myla her very first princess dress. She couldn't wait to get it on and wore it for the remainder of the party. She also got a super awesome Minnie purse, accessories included, and that helped finish off her birthday ensemble.
I think this was the happiest day of her life. I mean, look at that grin.
We loved celebrating our favorite girl in the whole wide world!
Memorial Day
We continued our tradition of visiting the Peony Garden on Memorial Day. This year we invited our friends to join us. The kids had so much fun picking out flowers and running through the garden.
Bachelorette Party & Wedding!
My dear high school friend, Alyssa, got married in June! We had the best time celebrating her bachelorette party in Kansas City. We went to an escape room (my first time) and then took her out in downtown KC for dinner and a piano bar.
There were SO many fun memories from that weekend, most of which I'm going to keep in my mind for embarrassments' sake. All that I've got to say is, good people, good food, and good music make for a GREAT time.
Then came wedding week! Alyssa asked if the bridesmaids could spend the night at my house after Rehearsal Dinner and if the groom and groomsmen could get ready at my house on Saturday. I was happy to be able to help out in any way I could and was thrilled to open my home to them.
{The following photos - Lauren Krug Photography}
The wedding was so much fun. It was easily one of my favorite weddings of all time. I gave this bridesmaid gig all the enthusiasm I had, and yet, I still fell way short of repaying Alyssa for all of the energy, thoughtfulness, and love she's shown me over the years.
Probably my favorite moment of the day - praying over the bride and groom minutes before the ceremony. Such an intimate time that I will treasure forever.
I told Alyssa that I was sorry I ruined half of their pictures with my ridiculous facial expressions. But like I said, I gave it everything I had. All in.
The reception was the climax of the day. Everyone was in full-on celebration mode, because our favorite couple had just tied the knot and then they orchestrated the corncob dance. Welcome to Nebraska.
Our friend, Cody Farrall, was second-shooting for the wedding. She snapped a sweet picture of James and I at the reception. She was also the one that was at our house with the men while they got ready. I was glad someone was there that knew where our bathrooms were. She also kept an eye on our kittens, who continually tried to photobomb all of the photos.
For years, Alyssa and I joked about my kids being teenagers before she'd ever get married. And then she met Dylan. From the first time we met him, we knew they'd end up together. Their love for one another is a clear testament of their love for Christ. It's been so fun watching their relationship grow and we know God is going to use them in big ways.
Alyssa made the. most. stunning. bride. She's been one of my longest friends and is usually my first call when I need advice, prayer, or a laugh. She's a treasure and I've for sure got the better end of the deal in our friendship. No doubt about it.
VBS
We had another great year of VBS in June. Myla got to spend all week in the "nursery" with a whole crew of girls. They had so much fun going to the park, blowing bubbles, drawing with chalk, playing with toys, and of course, eating snacks.
Trevin loved going every day and especially loved game time when he got to use his well-rehearsed running form. Track practice comes in handy in real life situations. And if it looks like all of those kids have their shirts on backwards, it's because they do. It was backwards day.
The Gospel Coalition Women's Conference
I had the opportunity to take a road trip with some of my favorite gals in June to The Gospel Coalition Women's Conference in Indianapolis. Brandy, Dena, Sandy, and I were able to clear our schedule and take off for a 4.5 day no-kids and no-husbands get-away. There were several other gals from church who wanted to go but couldn't make it work - next time we'll take a 15-passenger van, I hope.
We stopped overnight in Springfield, IL on Wednesday. We found a cute place called Obed and Isaac's to have supper. (I kept calling it Obed and Jesse's by accident. I realized it was because in the genealogy of Christ, Obed had Jesse... We were obviously on our way to a Bible conference and my mind was all over it.) Homemade pita chips, bavarian pretzels, loaded pierogies... We ate way too many carbs that night but didn't even care.
We were literally only a couple blocks from the home of Abraham Lincoln. We walked over to see it at night and decided to take the tour the next morning. All three of these women are teachers, so it made sense that we went on a historical tour. Not going to lie, though, I totally geeked out. Abe is my favorite president, so it was awesome being in his home and learning about his family life and political history.
Thursday we took the Lincoln tour and then drove the rest of the way to Indianapolis and checked in to our hotel. The conference started late Thursday afternoon and we were pumped. The theme was Listen and Live, based out of Deuteronomy. I LOVE that they dug into the Old Testament text and camped there. So much context and interpretation was shared, broadening my scope of understanding. This wasn't the typical conference that plays on emotion and drives you into a mountain top high that has a hard crash immediately following. No, this conference simply taught straight from the Bible and I left feeling more educated and with a deeper longing to study the scripture on my own. Yes, there were moments of emotion, brokenness, gratitude, peace... but there was a steadiness about the conference that left me level-headed and better able to discern truth from falsehood. It was essentially a deep Bible study that focused more on God than me. Shouldn't that be the goal?
Friday and Saturday brought more conference sessions along with breakout sessions. Oh yeah, and we got to meet some super cool people along the way - like Ruth Chou Simons, Jen Wilkin, Hunter Beless (Journeywomen podcast), Laura Wifler & Emily Jensen (both from Risen Motherhood podcast), and Aaron & Jamie Ivey.
Our friend, Alyssa, was unable to come with us because of her new babe. She was the one that introduced me to the majority of these speakers, and we were all as bummed as she was that she couldn't come with us. So we planned something sweet for her and surprised her with a FaceTime call when we were in line to meet Aaron & Jamie Ivey, a couple of her very favorites.
They got a laugh out of it and we made sure to include Alyssa in our group photo as well.
We did the valet thing at our hotel because the conference was in walking distance and parking was outrageous. Our valet guy gave us the most honest concierge advice possible. The locals know the spots to be. Pearl Street Pizzeria was amazing.
It was open seating at the conference; most sessions we sat towards the back for convenience and time's sake. But Sandy is the biggest Jen Wilkin fan there is. So when Jen Wilkin was up to speak, we got to the conference early to grab good seats. We were at the front when the doors opened. Everyone around me started running, so I started running and didn't bother to look back. I could hear the laughter from my girls behind me, but I figured they were right on my heels. Not so. A lady next to me literally dove onto a row of chairs. The intensity was legit. I kept running and spotted an open section in the first row. I threw down a coat and claimed our four chairs. I looked back to find that my friends were long behind me and searching for where I'd gone. Their excitement matched mine when they saw where we ended up. Front and center. All the chairs ahead of us were reserved, but were left empty for most of the session, so we had the best seats in the house.
Saturday late afternoon we started the trek home, stopping at the strangest Applebee's for supper, no A/C and photos of their town jail and arrests framed on the wall. We stayed the night somewhere along the way and made the rest of the trip home on Sunday morning.
So, how does a mom-of-two take off for half a week? Well it's with the help of a gracious husband, a couple of willing grandmas, and an eager sister...
We left earlier on Wednesday than I had anticipated, so I didn't have a place for the kids lined up. James kindly offered to keep them in the tractor with him. All day. I really really really don't know how he did it. Paul even snapped a photo of them to send to me and everyone even had smiles on. It was amazing. He gets the trophy.
It was also the weekend of the Father/Son Campout at CRC that weekend. He took both kids for the afternoon to do some activities and then camped with Trevin that night while Myla went to Mimi's. It's such a blessing that I had zero concerns as to where my kids were or if they were ok. We have so many amazing people that step in every single time. I'm so thankful.
Valentine
Last year, you might remember, we took Trevin to the Refuge Lakes in Valentine to do some fishing. We had the best time and caught some monster pike and bass. But this year was a different story.
We decided last minute to take Myla with us to make it a mini family get-away and stay an extra night. We had no idea how she'd do. Overall, it went about as good as you could imagine for four people (including a 6- and 2-year-old) crammed into a little fishing boat. They were at each other a bit and both had their moments, but we managed to have a few smiles by the end. I said "never again" while simultaneously making plans for next year. You know how that goes.
Myla inevitably dropped her pole in the water. I saw it go and reached in as fast as I could to grab it. It slipped through my fingers and I got my sleeve soaked in the process. James managed to stick his pole in to feel around for it and rescued the sunken pole. Myla still tells this story, and it goes like this, "My drop pole in water. Mommy not reach it. Daddy save the day!" Dad is always the hero, and I'm cool with that.
I told James that he could catch more fish than me, but I wanted to catch the biggest fish. In a day and a half of fishing we caught 3 fish total. I caught one on the first day and James caught one on the second day. We were ready to call it after hours of no bites, while we were on our way to the dock, James caught another fish. So I was right, he caught more fish than me, but mine ended up being the biggest, which was sad because it was a small pike and not much to talk about.
This year we rented a small cabin, just a couple miles from the lakes, to stay at. It was nice to have a place to settle after each day on the boat. We ended up spending more time at the cabin than we anticipated since the fish weren't biting. The kids loved running around in the yard, chasing toads, and eating s'mores for every meal.
Since we quit fishing early on our last day we decided to do some exploring. We took the kids for a walk across the Cowboy Trail Bridge. They loved throwing rocks into the river from 150 feet above. The sights were breathtaking and it may have ended up being the highlight of the trip.
I put this on our "must do" list for every time we're in Valentine.
Trevin:
+We were at the park one day with some friends when Trevin said he needed to use the restroom. There were public restrooms right there at the park, so I told him to go on in. I had noticed a vacant truck at the park and thought it strange, but we'd been there for a while and hadn't seen any sign of someone else being at the park. As he's growing up, Trevin has more and more opinions about using the women's restroom. So he asked if he could use the men's by himself. Since I had determined we were the only ones at the park I told him that was fine, but subconsciously paid very close attention to the bathroom door and wanted to be on guard just in case someone had been in there. Trevin goes running into the bathroom and we sat just 15 yards away, with a clear sight of the bathroom. He was in the bathroom for about 20 seconds when I heard a strange cry. I stopped talking and I stood up. If I was a dog, my ears would have been straight up and my body as still as ever. And that's when I heard Trevin let out the most blood-curdling sound I'd ever heard him make. The type of scream that I've only heard in my nightmares. I darted as fast as I could to the bathroom. My heart had somehow stopped beating but at the same time was going a million miles an hour. I fully expected to find Trevin being attacked, preyed on, or assaulted. I felt like I could have taken on a bear, probably because I was in fall on mama bear mode. I kicked open then bathroom door, made a quick glance under the stall for legs. I only saw Trevin's. He's still screaming at the top of his lungs and I screamed back "Open the door!" He flipped the latch and I flew in, still fully expecting to have to punch someone. Trevin's scream turned to a sob and I looked around, confused, because he was alone in the bathroom. I asked in a rush, "What happened?! What's wrong?!" He pointed and let out the most pathetic whimper. "There's a huge spider over there!"
The adrenaline surge was raging through my blood and in an instant it dropped. Since this incident, we've talked about when that scream would be appropriate and when that scream is overkill. But it was a good lesson, because if ever he's in real danger, he knows to use the "spider-scream".
+Trevin loved helping with plant day at school, getting ready for the big Plant Sale!
+One day Trevin asked me, "Mom, what does spear mean?"
I said, "Spear? How did you hear it used?"
"You know, like, 'Lord Jesus, spear our guest.'"
This is part of a scripted prayer that I grew up saying when I was little. I had to explain that it says, "Lord Jesus, be our guest." Asking Jesus to spear our guest is a whole different conversation.
+I overheard Trevin say, "Myla turn away from your wicked ways." (I think we can thank the Jonah Musical for this one.)
+Trevin is in charge of feeding the cats in the mornings. One morning he told me, "I can't go feed the cats because I have hiccups and I don't want to give it to them."
+Lately, he's been having some bad dreams. One night, long after I put the kids down, I crawled into my bed for the night. I stuck my legs under the covers and felt flesh. I about jumped out of my own skin. He snuck into our bed and had fallen asleep. Now, he tries to sneak into our bed every night.
+The last two weeks have seemed to have been a transition for him. He's been much more gentle and a lot less agitated. I've been soaking up these last few days of having him home for the summer.
Myla:
+She's changing by the day and is suddenly a 13-year-old girl with the amount of sass she offers.
+I thought spray chalk sounded like a good idea...
+Myla and Trevin usually play really well together. One day, they were playing with stickers together when Myla started screaming. She was holding her eye and wouldn't settle down. I asked Trev what happened, he said he might have tried to put a sticker on her eyeball and rip it off. Yeah, she had a scratched cornea. She was miserable for 24 hours. He felt terrible, but he's six and thinks things through about as far as his nose. Of course, it had to be a bubbled sticker, with the hard edges. We determined he probably just got her with the side of it and didn't actually get it stuck on her eye.
+She loves to sing. She's even created a medley of songs. It goes like this, "Jesus loves me this I know for the Bible tells me so, little ones to Him belong they are weak but He is strong. Yes sir, yes sir, three bags full, next time won't you sing with me."
+The other day she referred to James' dad, Paul, as "GramPaul". That's the only name I'm going to use for him from now on.
+She's officially a toddler. Do you know how I can tell? She's begun the "Why?" stage. Lord, help us.
+One day, she poked me hard with a screw driver, took it away, came back later for it, I gave it back to her and told her, "if you poke me again, I will have to take it away." She stared at my arm and thought it through, then handed the screw driver back to me. She knew her limits.
+She calls Trevin, "Sev".
Oh, little lady, you keep us smiling!
This has been the busiest summer of our lives. We've had a lot of fun, but we've spent a lot of time a part. Nights at home together as a family has been practically nonexistent. James has been working from sunup, long past sundown since May. We've had a couple breathers every now and then, but for the most part we're just clinging to whatever energy we have left and are trying to finish the season strong. Irrigating is in full force and we finally got the last of the pipe laid yesterday. We got a little rain so James and I are taking off for a late anniversary over-night in Omaha today. Actually, right now. So hopefully I'll catch you all in August, but let's be real, it might be November...
See you when I see you, growing on the farm...





























































































































No comments:
Post a Comment