Monday, September 29, 2014

C-3PO is in the Building

My nephews are what you would call "sports junkies." They do it all. And love it all. I might be reliving my sports days through them. My competitive nature comes out and my blood starts pumping. Then I have to remind myself that it's 2nd grade soccer... I'm so proud of these munchkins and their hard work. 


Hey, guess what! More fishing...


Digging for worms. 



Meet the latest toy in the Huenefeld house. The new iPhone 6. Gold edition. Now I feel like I'm carrying around C-3PO, but that's ok because Star Wars is the bomb. 


This device is remarkable, but totally ridiculous. No one needs a device like this. I certainly don't deserve something this cool. We could absolutely live without this. America is the spoiled brat of the world. I mean there's like 780 million people in the world without access to clean water, and a smartphone is a "staple" in almost every home in America. I give a pretty intense "privileged" rant, just ask James. My latest beef is with the push for minimum wage increase. I've read several posts on Facebook about how you can't "support" yourself working at a fast food restaurant. So these workers take to Facebook on their smart phones to make their voice heard. <Insert heavy sigh> 


Don't get me wrong, I'm drooling over this and I'm incredibly grateful to have it. But I also know it's the first thing to go when times get tough. This is a luxury item, and I'm fully aware of that. 
With that said I've been blown away by life with a smart phone. Here's my Top 10 smartphone loves:
10. Being able to find an answer to any question anywhere at anytime. 
9. Netflix on the go. 
8. My music is with me. When I say music, I mean everything in my iTunes, not just default ringers. 
7. Being able to sync calendars with my husband. He doesn't know it yet, but it's going to change his life. It's important that he knows when I have a Mom's meeting, hair cut, or need to wax my legs. He will love being so involved. 
6. Instagram. I'm new to this thing and feel like a baby that needs guidance. Hashtags make me feel uncomfortable. 
5. Apps for kids. There's an endless supply of resources for kids and I've only just begun to explore. 
4. Two words, "Group messaging."
3. The fact that I have a camera in my pocket. I had a camera on my old phone, but generally I could draw a better picture than what the phone took.
2. Devotionals. I've come across some incredible bible/devotional/study apps that really get me excited to dig in and learn each day. 
And finally my #1 love: No more printing directions off of Mapquest. Can I get an Amen?!


Just a disclaimer. Snapchat will never be on my Top 10 list. I have an odd hatred towards it and find it absurd. Just send a text. Good gravy. 


Autocorrect insists on changing "Trevin" to "Trevino" and "Trev" to "Greg." If I thought Trevin could pull off the name "Greg," it might stick. 


Trevin is almost two-and-a-half. Hard to believe. He's talking in short sentences and starting to say pretty funny things. Recently we found 3 bunny books that James had when he was young. They're put out by Focus on the Family and have a bible verse lesson in each book. Trevin is obsessed with them and we read them multiple times a day. He's started to "read" them and it's precious.  "Who tore book? I did, Mama. Who told twoof? (truth) I did, Mama!"


 Another Class of 2011 wedding is in the books! Taylor was the most beautiful bride and the reception was darling.  What a great day spent with friends. 









Harvest is here and Trevin and I rode along today! We are convinced that tractor cabs were not designed for toddlers. I'm going to start designing a baby proof cab made for family farming.  My first change would be the door. Trevin can get it unlatched and if he would open it up and fall out, he'd land right in front of the back tire. Talk about stressing out Mom. 
Next change, a third seat. Maybe even fourth. Or just a couch would be fine. While we're at it, let's add on a sleeper for nap time and a TV for movies. Ooo and a snack bar with a mini fridge. Feasible? 
Sometimes Dad doesn't like to share his toys. 



I've recently learned how to run a website and have been playing with a new one for CRC. Taking pictures, web design, photoshop, organizing, and counseling. Does it get better than this?
I love my job.

Today I sorted old camp pictures and came across this little guy. This is the boy I fell in love with. Those curls. GAH. And those swim trunks that he's wearing? Just replaced them this year... (I spy some Bennett's, Ashton's friends, and a Troester?)


----------------------------------------------------------------------------

You guys, this is my second family. Well technically they're first family too, because they're my aunt/uncle and cousins. I grew up next door to them and made countless trips down the brick sidewalk to their house. They are some of the most fun-loving, generous, and giggly people you'll ever meet.
Here are the Schelkopf's.





Mom also wanted to take a family picture for the Christmas card. This is the best picture we've ever taken. EVER. And on the first try! Love these people more than anything. 



This is my life. These are my best. And love is here.



Selfies all around, growing on the farm...

No comments:

Post a Comment