Thursday, May 31, 2012

A full night's sleep?!

Mr. Trevin is already 6 1/2 weeks old! It's insane! He is about 10 lbs now and getting much longer.  People have said that he's starting to look more like me. His head is getting bigger and his hair hasn't gotten thicker, so it looks like he's thinning out! He's also started to get the famous bald spot on the back of his head from turning his head when he's laying down.  He's been much more responsive in the last two weeks.  He will look at faces and smile back occasionally! It's so fun! He has also started to talk a lot more.  He already has tones of his voice that you can tell when he's really happy, content, or complaining. It's been great to see a personality form.  Although, I'm afraid that he has quite a temper. He can get himself going when he wants to be held. He's pretty ornery! :)

This last week has been awesome. Trevin has slept through the night! I've got a anywhere from 5-7 hours of sleep straight each night!!!! Do you realize how long it's been since that's happened?! Well, Trevin is almost 7 weeks old...and before that I was pregnant for 9 months.  I was up at least twice each night to use the bathroom.  So it's been a LONG time since my bed and I have spent so much uninterrupted time together!  We've missed each other so much! haha

Another funny story about James sleep talking... A couple weeks ago, I came back from feeding Trevin in the middle of the night and snuggled up close to James.  He was burning up! I asked him why he was so warm and he replied, "Oh it's probably just the pepper spray..."  HA! He cracks me up!

First tractor ride with Daddy!
Laundry has multiplied by a million.  I always thought that a little baby would have a "little" laundry.  Oh boy, was I wrong! We sometimes go through 4 outfits in a day.  Sometimes I've left him in his pajamas and James will come home for dinner or supper and ask why he's still in his PJ's.  I respond, "Oh, well I guess I thought that he'd dirty this one earlier and didn't figure I'd waste another outfit."  He sometimes surprises me and goes the entire day without needing to do a costume change! He's also grown out of a lot of his newborn clothes, especially anything that had pants attached.  He's gotten way too long for those! While I'm doing all this laundry I apparently lose track of some things.  One day I heard James say from his bathroom, "How did these get here?"  They were Trevin's socks, and they had been in a pile with Daddy's socks.  :)

Trevin loves it when we are out and about.  Our first all-day outing (besides at relatives' houses) was at Ashton's district track meet.  He slept all day long.  I had to wake him up to feed him, and he fell right back asleep! He loved all the noises, being outside, and the motion.  He's also slept through all-day shopping trips.  That makes this momma happy! We also took him to the lake over Memorial weekend and he enjoyed every minute of it! Now, if only I could get him to be that happy when we're at home alone... haha


I experienced my first Mother's Day this year! James got up and made me breakfast. Pancakes, eggs, and bacon.  They were even chocolate chip pancakes! :) What a sweetheart! It was a ton of fun just being able to spend the day with my own little "family."  Still hard to believe that we are a little family now! Baby dedication at church was also on Mother's Day, so that was special.  Trevin did very well and slept through the whole thing! ;)


To keep you posted, my tailbone is still bothering me.  This last week the pain has been much more severe.  At my appointment a couple weeks ago, my doctor said that the muscles may have been stretched or (not likely) my tailbone cracked.  She said either way there's not much they can do about it.  Physical therapy may be something to consider though because the pain on my tailbone causes me to sit in strange positions and it puts stress on my back and may have potential negative effects in the future. Today I had my sister Brooke work on it (massage) and we'll see if that'll help.  I also tried icing it today, so hopefully it will start healing, whatever is wrong.  Brooke thinks my coccyx (curved part at the bottom of the spine) may be out of place. Please pray for some relief from this and some answers to what's wrong.  It's beginning to get frustrating.

I've felt like a terrible mother at times. Like when I'm holding him and I'm trying to eat, and I drop food on him. Bad mom, bad bad mom.

I left Trevin for the first time on Tuesday.  Paul and Kathy Nauman are hosting a college-aged bible study this summer and I was hoping to go. James needed to work late that night so I knew he couldn't watch him, so I called up Dori (his mom) and asked if she'd be around.  She was thrilled! So I took him down and got her set up.  As I kissed that little man good bye, my throat started to constrict.  I turned around and left as fast as I could because I knew if I would have taken one more look at him, I'd decide not to go.  I got to the car and drove out and was bawling by the time I got to the end of the driveway.  I had to take the long way around to pull myself together.  I enjoyed the couple hours out, but it was definitely great to get back to my baby!

We're loving baby life and looking forward to the days ahead!






Our little family, growing on the farm...

No comments:

Post a Comment