Thursday, September 22, 2011

I'll take three large orders of mozzarella sticks please.


 9 Week Photos!!! My tummy seems to protrude more and more each day!  Soon any tight fitting shirt will tell it all! Sometimes if I stand just right I can't see my toes.  What a scary thought!


I realized that I never mentioned the due date.  April 20th is National Pot Day and my due date! Fortunately only 5% of babies are born on their due date. I would not be disappointed if my child is part of the 95%. :)
We're at 9 weeks now! Next checkup will be Monday.  Still no morning sickness which hopefully means I lucked out and will not be able to experience that wonderful part of a pregnancy.  I have had some other signs of pregnancy, though. The main issue is with smells.  Not often do smells bother me like most pregnant women, but I smell things that aren't really there.  For a few weeks I kept complaining to James about something being rotten in our freezer.  After a while he finally checked and found nothing of a sort, he emptied out any possible culprit from the fridge and figured that should solve the problem.  But it didn't. I was tasting garlic in my ice cubes.  Every time I would get ice for my water I would end up dumping the ice out and just getting water because it smelled and tasted like garlic.  I told James that there was still something rotten in the freezer, and he asked why I thought so.  I told him about the garlic ice and he gave me a strange look.  He took a glass of water and added ice to it and drank it.  "See what I mean?! Isn't it awful!" I said to him, expecting the same reaction.  He laughed and said he had no idea what I was talking about.  I tasted from the same glass and got frustrated, "How do you NOT taste that? I can hardly swallow it!"
This was the first episode that made me realize that my nose is deceiving me.  Since then I've even tried to put our ice in Dr. Pepper and I can still taste a hint of garlic....and I know that garlic is not one of the original 23 flavors.
My next encounter with this was when I was driving to school one day.  I was just south of Walmart on Hwy 34 about a mile when my car filled with the smell of roasted peanuts.  Now this wasn't anything like, "I think I smell roasted peanuts..."  It was more like, "Why in the world are there roasted peanuts in my car?!"  The smell then went away a few miles later.  (I had the same thing happen with the smell of a fresh perm this week on the way home from school)
The last incident was the most cruel of all.  I walked in the door of my house after eating at James' parents' house yesterday and I was sure that James surprised me with a box of Krispy Kreme doughnuts (glazed, for sure) The smell was so strong and I got so excited.  By the time I got to the kitchen the smell was gone and I felt so silly for being fooled once more.

I've also had some pretty severe cravings, (which James believes are just my way of getting what I want, I hope someday he learns that cravings are a very serious issue haha.)  First all I wanted was fried food, especially mozzarella sticks from Arby's.  Oh man, I really could have eaten them for breakfast if I was allowed to.
Next I wanted a lot of bananas...I bought a huge bundle of 7 or 8 bananas and they were gone in 2 days.  I think James did eat 1 or 2 though.  :)  I also haven't wanted meat really at all.  Which is so weird to me, because the best part of a meal is the meat! And now it just doesn't sound that good to me.  One night last week James was going to throw some steaks on the grill and asked me how big of one I wanted.  My response was, "Um, well...I think, maybe I'll just have a PB & J or something, steaks don't sound very good." Needless to say it might take him a while to get used to my new strange eating habits.


You might wonder what I do now that I'm pregnant...well besides school and keeping up with the house, I did a 750-piece puzzle!  "And what does James do now that you're pregnant?" you may ask. Well besides farming and....farming, he fishes! Some things in life will never change.










life continues, growing on the farm...

3 comments:

  1. Your blog is so cute! Made me laugh tonight! So glad you are still feeling well and not sick. Miss you tons! Can't wait to see ya'll when I come home next time. G

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is Gracia by the way... Not sure why they post it as my email! :S

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trey just told me about your blog and I am your newest follower :) Love it. Congrats on the baby, so exciting! So glad you are feeling well so far! That's so nice! Praying you have a very uneventful and "boring" pregnancy (trust me, boring is good!) Can't wait to follow along your journey!

    ReplyDelete