Thursday, August 25, 2011

The unexpected expecting.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11


James and I were extremely shocked to find out that we were expecting.  In no place of our imagination had we planned for this to happen, especially this soon.  We hadn't fully adjusted to married life, and now we were being thrown another new and crazy adventure.  We didn't know whether to laugh or cry, be scared or excited, be proud or frustrated, be anxious or motivated....so we just did it all! 


We realized that it was a blessing behind a screen.  We could make out the greatness of it, but the details were fuzzy.  God showed us that He is gracious and abundant, no matter the mark on our timeline.  We cannot even begin to compare God's timeline to our own, for God does not live by our time, nor we by His.  But He bridges the difference to provide harmony among His children and Himself. What a wonderful God we serve. 

The hardest part so far of being pregnant is mentally preparing myself for raising a child, (ask me in a few week/months, after I've experienced morning sickness, back pain, the labor itself and wearing out the carpet on the way to the bathroom.) It is hard to grasp that in a few short months, I will be responsible for another human life.  I'm convinced that life will change for good.  James is already learning the new baby language and trying to understand this entirely new world.  He's going to be a great dad.  I have no doubt in my mind.  If we have a boy, he'll love the dirt and will be found in the tractor with Daddy all the time.  And if we have a girl, she'll love the dirt and will be found in the tractor with Daddy all the time. It couldn't be any different.

Our dearest child,
We are so very anxious to meet you! God has made you so wonderfully, and we thank Him every day for that.  You are loved so much by Mommy and Daddy.  We're praying for you sweetheart. 


Here we go, growing on a farm...

1 comment:

  1. Ohhhhhh Megan!!

    I love the last part to the little baby! So cute.

    Love you :)

    ReplyDelete